Online Teaching Activities

Teaching resources recommended by you!
(TeachersTalk is not responsible for the content of any of the resources posted)
Forum rules
[1] You are promoting only teaching related resources
[2] You are based in or will ship to the UK (for a fair postage cost)
[3] You must only post once, summarising your site/goods.
[4] You must post ONLY in the Resources forum, links posted in other forums may be deleted.
[5] You may update your post with new deals or offers, providing updates occur no more than once per week. (Do not post a new thread – Reply to your existing post)
[6] You may add a link to your site in your post.
[7] You must NOT shout (do not write your post or subject in CAPITALS!)
[8] By posting here you agree to be bound by these guidelines, and accept these may change at any time.
[9] It is your responsibility, to check these guidelines, and ensure you adhere to them at all times.
[10] Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in your posts being deleted, or your account banned.
[11] The decisions of the Administration team are final!

Postby PaulSyms on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Many of us have had to embrace teaching online in 2020 with the virus making teaching in offline classrooms unrealistic.
It's perhaps, on a positive note, been a chance to learn about online teaching and the way in which things such as 'Breakout rooms' can be used to still teach and have small groups do activities in an online classroom.
I have listed 21 Free to use Icebreakers for online teaching and teachers that you might find useful if you too are doing some teaching or providing online training.
Online teaching I think is here to stay and it is actually much easier once you have taught a couple of lessons and worked out how to use the likes of Zoom, Skype or one of the other platforms.
cheers, Paul
PaulSyms
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Online Teaching Activities

Postby LisaMc on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 am

These are some pretty useful icebreakers to make the online classrooms a little more fun and getting students more involved in the lesson. I use this creative writing game where I ask one student to type a random line, and the student next-in-line would use that first sentence as context and write another line. This goes on and on till every student has contributed at least one sentence. The idea is to create an interesting story using inputs from multiple writers.
LisaMc
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Online Teaching Activities

Postby David19833 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 am

I had not thought of the idea of icebreakers, they look like a really good way to calm down an online classroom! Also, sticking to the 21 theme, I found this blog post https://www.twinkl.pt/blog/21-online-esl-games-ready-to-go it has some great ideas for games to keep students engaged for example https://www.twinkl.com.br/resource/tg-a-39-little-red-riding-hood-motion-story-1. I would also check out TES.com, they have some interesting online resources on there too. I hope this helps :)
David19833
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Teaching Resources