How do you develop mental toughness in the classroom?

Come here to chat about teaching topics.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby mercymirror on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:26 pm

I am a Masters student at Newcastle University currently researching whether there are any changes in mental toughness across development. For one part of my study, I am asking teachers if/how they develop each component of their students' mental toughness (confidence, control, commitment, challenge) in the classroom.

I would be extremely grateful if any of you take the time to respond to my study which can be found at the following link:
http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/fo ... srgijrygfz

Thank you.
mercymirror
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: How do you develop mental toughness in the classroom?

Postby WillBYourTeacher on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 am

I think there's a lot of ways teachers can develop mental toughness but certainly time is a very crucial aspect. Experience brings with it a lot of lessons regarding patience and just knowing that you can do this and it isn't the end of the world every day when something goes wrong. Saying that though, it's also very important to support the educators around you when they're struggling. Mental health issues is a serious problem for teachers when they're overstretched and regularly challenged by difficult classroom environments which is why I'm glad to see more training and help for teachers, and pupils, in the UK. Keep motivated, stay determined and support the people around you who need help too. :D
WillBYourTeacher
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Teachers Chat