PGCE Undecided

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

PGCE Undecided

Postby redlilly on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi guys, I am new here, and I have a dilemma. I am at the moment about to start a part-time PGCE, and this may all go fine, except my boss may need me for more time than my course will allow. I am going to ask again tomorrow, and hopefully, this can be sorted out. If not I am in the situation where I either quit my job, which is really hard to do in the middle of a pandemic, and go for the PGCE full time. Alternatively, I start working in a job I love as a learning support assistant for another year and defer.

I suppose I am extra stressed because I just don't know what will happen with the potential new waves of COVID19 and how this might affect the quality of my school placements. I guess it is hard to make decisions in a time of stress and crisis.

On top of this, I keep having second thoughts about doing English as a subject for my PGCE. Getting school experience was annoying because it reignited my childhood love of science. So complicated and annoying. I imagine that the only way I can go forward and know for sure I don't want to do English or do want to do English is to do it. I did do half a literature degree, with History, and later an anthropology masters. I am more a social scientist than a literature student, though I am creative and good at poetry.

Anyway if you have anything to say or advice that might be helpful. Let me know.
redlilly
Just Registered
Just Registered

PGCE Undecided

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to PGCE Chat