HELP for PGCE interview!

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

HELP for PGCE interview!

Postby Sarah44 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi, have got my interview (History) this week but am completly confused about the instructions for the presentation!!
The presentation I have to do is:

' consider the development of political power from the Middle Ages to the twentieth
century, including changes in the relationship between rulers and ruled
over time, the changing relationship between the crown and parliament,
and the development of democracy'

It simply then says to pick a period where significant change development in this area has occured, so I picked the Suffragettes, have done my presentation etc but further on it states how it is for a YEAR 7 class - I presummed this meant to make the lesson plan more activity based, however I've looked at a few Year 7 lesson plans and it only covers the medieval ages (battle of hastings etc) and I'm really worried that I've picked the wrong period and that the mention of being a year 7 lesson was to direct me into which period to choose not how to teach it. It doesnt say anything about what specifically gets taught at each year in the curriculum but does mention about how it needs to be in a chronological framework. Do you think I should change my presentation or just stick with what I've done?!!
Sarah44
Just Registered
Just Registered

HELP for PGCE interview!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to PGCE Chat