Concerned about health check rejection

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby EBeee on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 am

I have just received my health check form for my PGCE in September and I am concerned I will be rejected from my place due to recent time off work.

I was signed off work for a week in June with work related anxiety. I was a manager at a print company and I was aware that the company did not have enough money to pay suppliers. My MD told me to continue to get materials from these suppliers in the knowledge that we were going to be insolvent in the next few weeks. This is fraud, as I would be obtaining goods with the knowledge that I would be unable to pay for them. I handed in my notice immediately but the MD refused to let me leave and insisted I needed to work out my notice and continue to do the things he originally requested of me. I went to the doctor and she agreed I should not be there and signed me off immediately with work related anxiety. The company went into administration the following week and I was made redundant.

Now I am not at the company anymore I am fine and all the anxiety was due to being made to do things at work which could get me a criminal record (not to say morally wrong as well). However as all this happened in June I have had to write on my health disclosure form that I was recently off for one week with work related anxiety. I am concerned that this will get me kicked off the course as it looks like there is no place to explain the details of the time off.

Could anyone give me advice on this and if it will be OK, or if I have reasons to worry?

Thanks E
EBeee
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to PGCE Chat