Trying to get accepted for PGCE

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby gravitate on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:18 pm

I am in the process of getting my application sorted out to do a PGCE in either teaching English or Chinese. I am a Chinese national who has now studied here and married here. I do not have any school experience at the moment but I am currently working on that by phoning every school in the area. I did apply late last year and I did not get any offers at all. I have a very strong interest in languages, especially English and I would ideally like to teach primary school. This question has probably been asked many times but obviously my personal statement was not up to scratch last time as I didn't even get any interviews. Please could someone let me know what is best to write to portray my passion for teaching? The only experience related at the moment is as a 'befriender' in China which means I helped children who were behind in some classes in private tuition. I also regularly helped all my younger relatives with teaching them English. I have a masters here in the uk in English Linguistics. I really want to be a teacher but either my qualifications are not good enough or my personal statement was lacking. I have done a bit of research and my qualifications look OK. I am 28 with a young child. I don't know if that will put Universities off me?
gravitate
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to PGCE Chat