PGCE Primary Interview Presentation

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby Grebs on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 am

Hello,

I have a PGCE primary interview coming up and part of the interview involves taking in an artefact, the artefact could be a text (e.g. a story or a poem), a picture, a song or an object, and saying how you would use it to teach and what age group would it be suited for. Also, how is it relative to the British curriculum. It is only a 3 or 4 minute presentation that you will be questioned on after. Also, there is no access to a projector or computer.

My original idea was to take two fuzzy dice and say I would use it for introducing and teaching addition to students in year 1. Start by using the dice to play a game on the board as a class then move on to splitting the students up in to teams and then playing against each other. I was thinking of moving on to talking about how this could also move on to solving missing number problems. For example, ask a student what square on the board they want to get to and how many will they need to get to get there. Ask the student to roll one dice and ask how many more they will need to get to the square they chose. I will also make a board game and take it with me to demonstrate how it would work.

I just wanted some feedback on what people thought. Is this a good idea or not? If not has anybody got any suggestions that may be useful to me.

Sorry if that was a bit long winded. The PGCE interview is quite daunting.

Thank you very much for your help.
Grebs
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PGCE Primary Interview Presentation

Postby Nell on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi I am just wondering did you have the interview? How did it go?
It's just that I have my interview next week and struggling on what to present.
Regards
Nell
Nell
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: PGCE Primary Interview Presentation

Postby Poskkdet on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:27 am

What I read I really liked it. Thank you for your information!
Poskkdet
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to PGCE Chat