Which University & What Course?

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Re: Which University & What Course?

Postby Sofiejo on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am

Hi
I have just applied to University to become a Primary school teacher, and am hoping to go to Brighton Uni. I am currently studying at college and hope to be going to Uni next september :)
Sofiejo
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ljennifer on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi!
I'm french, I live in Richmond (working as a nanny and studying at the same time to take the Cambridge exam).

I have a degree in French literature and my wish is to become a french teacher abroad. So I know I could prepare the PGCE and I would like to have some advice about the PGCE, how universities do they make a selection?
If some people knows the universities in Cumbria or Oxford brookes, and studied a PGCE in these universities I'm really interested to know your point of view about the courses...
Any informations about PGCE is welcome!! Thanks!
ljennifer
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby moroto on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Im starting Liverpool Hope in two weeks time PGCE secondary History!
moroto
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby mitochondria on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi, I'm starting a PGCE (post compulsory) at UEL this september. I'll be teaching chemistry and biology at an A Level standard and i'm very excited about it! :D

Collecting resources at the moment.
mitochondria
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby johnfernandis on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

I want to made my career in computer field and for that I want to do MSc It but I have not decided yet from which university.And with MSc It I want to do many private courses from private institutes.
johnfernandis
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby pgceplease on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I applied to Warwick Uni for Drama Secondary last year and didn't get in because I 'didnt seem to want to teach enough' - I'm not sure what they wanted, maybe a sob story X factor styleee? I wasn't 100% confident on the interview and probably didnt know enough about education......though how you're meant to know everything I dont know, surely thats why you'd dcide to study it at Uni?!

I've since decided that I want to teach primary, and am looking at applying for Primary pgce in sept....I've got experience in a Primary school (a few days) and lots of experience OUTSIDE of the classroom (holding drama workshops/clubs/LAMDA lessons). my degree is in performing arts. I have applied for countless TA jobs as I know that most pgce places to to TA's. I've recieved very positive feedback about my application and have been told that it's simply too competitive.

Is there any uni that runs the primary pgce that is seen as 'easier to get in to' as my 1st choice states on the website that they recieve hundreds of applications per place they have available...

pgceplease
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby HULK on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 am

Hello

I'll be commencing my PGCE in science with CTG in Luton.
HULK
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby HULK on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm

mitochondria wrote:Hi, I'm starting a PGCE (post compulsory) at UEL this september. I'll be teaching chemistry and biology at an A Level standard and i'm very excited about it! :D

Collecting resources at the moment.

Hello

What is the process to become an A-Level Chemistry/Biology teacher at a college? I'll be doing my PGCE in a secondary school this year but I'd prefer to get a job at a college but I've been told I cant do that straight away? My degree is in Biomedical Sciences.
Hope you can help
HULK
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby saba_lh on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi,

I want to know what is the requirement for Primary PGCE for overseas graduate.

I have GCSE English, Maths and Science. Do I need A- levels as well for PGCE application ?

If yes, what subjects do I need to have A levels in ?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
saba_lh
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby niousdavis on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 am

Hi, my name is niousdavis and I'm hoping to go to Northumbria and make a PGCE in teaching elementary school. I have an upcoming interview in November that any advice is appreciated.
niousdavis
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby jason41188 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Hey i am Jason, and im wanting to do either the GTP through carmel college or the pgce at northumbria .
this link help me to know lots of books <a "http://www.ezdia.com/epad/debra-fine-books/4091/">Debra Fine</a>
Thank you
jason41188
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby S84 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Hello Everyone; I'm starting my PGCE Science with Chemistry for Secondary at Middlesex University this September. Anyone here who is doing or done their PGCE Science? Any tips/Advice Appreciated! Thanks
S84
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Flumptious on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:07 pm

I might be a bit of a weirdo - I'm currently a lecturer (aged 48!), in geology, at Kingston University, but I am hoping to start a PGCE/SCITT in geography, in September. I will have to do an SKE, over the summer.

Flump
Flumptious
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Ms.Milania on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Nice thread. Well i attended the San Diego State U for a Masters in Education 3 years ago.
Ms.Milania
Just Registered
Just Registered

Previous

Return to PGCE Chat