Very nervous about first placement :(

Doing your PGCE? Chat here to other students, Teachers and NQT's

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby happyhands on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello,

I'm doing a SCITT PGCE course which I've just started.

My experience of working in schools is in Reception and Lower Primary yet I'm going to be doing my first placement (my main placement) in a middle school, year five.

I'm feeling increasingly nervous about this as I have no idea what to expect. I feel totally out of my comfort zone and worried about my subject knowledge.

I have no idea how different it will be to working in a lower Primary School and my confidence is dropping day by day.

I did mention it to my provider ( how I'm feeling) but they didn't seem very sympathetic and said I had to speak to my mentor.

I met her briefly today ( I wasn't expecting to meet her as she was there with Professional Tutor hat on) so I felt bit on back foot when I spoke to her as I hadn't prepared my questions for her. She seemed a bit gruff and I didn't feel I could express my concerns with her.

I'm feeling so unhappy :( I could quit tomorrow but I can't because I've paid for it and I've worked so hard to get to this point.

Does anyone please have any quidance about how to survive a placement in middle schools and what to expect?

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated!
happyhands
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Very nervous about first placement :(

Postby The Pedheads on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:11 am

How has it been so far?
The Pedheads
Just Registered
Just Registered