I want to leave!!!!

As a community you get a say in our content and the way the forum is run. Post your comments and suggestions here. - Having problems? Post your queries here.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

I want to leave!!!!

Postby Kasey77 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

I started working as a TA at the beginning of December and I still haven't been paid yet. I was told I'd missed the deadline for Dec payroll (as I started on the 4th) which...Ok, I can understand that....But even though I kept hounding the office into taking my bank details, they kept telling me I had to wait for the relevant paperwork which they were 'sorting out'...I didn't get the paperwork until this term and have since been told, since I didn't give them back the paperwork before the 6th (the deadline day), I'm going to have to wait until Feb payday!!!! I didn't get given the paperwork until after the 6th so gawd knows how I was supposed to give it back before then!!!! I've asked if the payments will be put through as three separate entries for tax reasons but they've not answered that question so I'm fully expecting to be taxed....Seriously - in what other area of work would people be expected to work for three months without money?!!!

Anyhoo....In with the paperwork was an 'offer of employment' letter....Which I signed and returned...Is that the same as a contract as there's no info as to how much notice I need to give, nor a job description - just says the pay scale I'm on and the hours of work....

I'd LOVE to tell them to poke their job - as regardless of the pay fiasco, I'm not enjoying the actual job - tis not what it said on the tin, let's say!! How much notice am I expected to give and what happens if I don't give any notice????

'Scuse the waffle - any advice, please??? x
Kasey77
Just Registered
Just Registered

I want to leave!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: I want to leave!!!!

Postby scottlondon on Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

hi

sorry to hear your having such a tough time, you should normally give 30 days notice before you leave, but you can leave sooner but it may affect your pay.
if you decide to leave your job and you want to work while you study or even full time teaching English online to schools in china get in touch.

Online English Teachers Needed!

Part time, Full time online English Teachers
Salary range: up to $22 (around £16) per hour depends on experience and performance
Start: ASAP
Position: Ongoing

UK Royal Education is working with leading Chinese schools to provide English teachers to teach students in China Online from the UK. Full and part time positions available to work with students who are very keen and excited to learn.  
We also provide education consultancy and guardianship service to Chinese students looking to study in the UK.  

Job descriptions:
Our teachers use computers and PC accessories (a working headset and camera which is provided by you) to deliver classes through the professional teaching platform. All the class will be assisted by a Chinese English teacher at the same time.
Conduct online English lessons for students of all ages. You can conduct these lessons from your home or any place you find convenient.
An online teacher training session will be provided.
Class curriculums will be provided.
The teacher will be responsible for appropriately planning and conducting the classes with passion.
Classes are running between 8am-10pm Beijing Time (1am-3pm on GMT Summer Time) from Monday to Sunday.
All teachers submit a time table {days and hours you are willing to work}

Job Responsibilities:
Teach young students professionally and with patience
Clearly deliver the class curriculum in a professional manner
Can continually work for at least 4 months

Job Requirements
Fluent in English/English Native speakers
Have a passion for working with children
Be dynamic, enthusiastic, responsible, reliable and able to lead students
Preferably have teaching experience with young learners but not essential
Teaching qualifications an asset but not essential
Desktop computer/laptop access, Internet Connection with 5 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed (preferred), Headset and HD webcam essential.
A quiet, bright, and clean teaching environment/room.

To Apply, please email your CV and cover letter to info@ukroyaleducation.com   
scottlondon
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Comments/Suggestions/Help