I just failed my job interview.

As a community you get a say in our content and the way the forum is run. Post your comments and suggestions here. - Having problems? Post your queries here.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby ansonguy on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi everyone. I am happy to be a new forum member.

I just finished my teacher training program last month. Last week, I had an interview for a high school teaching position. The successful candidate is responsible for teaching both math and ESL. I was interviewed by three individuals, including the principal, the Math Department head and the ESL Department head. Three of their questions gave me a lot of trouble. I was struck dumb with surprise. I could not answer them because the scenarios never happened to me during my practicum. I would like to write them down below.

(1) How would you handle a student who became hostile during class and behaved in a way that threatened to disrupt the group?

(2) How would you deal with emotionally demanding students and maintain the boundaries necessary for the instructor/student relationship?

(3) How would you deal with racial discrimination and sexual harassment in your classroom?

Could someone please share some ideas about how to answer these questions? Thank you very much for your help.
ansonguy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Comments/Suggestions/Help