I want to leave!!!!

As a community you get a say in our content and the way the forum is run. Post your comments and suggestions here. - Having problems? Post your queries here.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

I want to leave!!!!

Postby Kasey77 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

I started working as a TA at the beginning of December and I still haven't been paid yet. I was told I'd missed the deadline for Dec payroll (as I started on the 4th) which...Ok, I can understand that....But even though I kept hounding the office into taking my bank details, they kept telling me I had to wait for the relevant paperwork which they were 'sorting out'...I didn't get the paperwork until this term and have since been told, since I didn't give them back the paperwork before the 6th (the deadline day), I'm going to have to wait until Feb payday!!!! I didn't get given the paperwork until after the 6th so gawd knows how I was supposed to give it back before then!!!! I've asked if the payments will be put through as three separate entries for tax reasons but they've not answered that question so I'm fully expecting to be taxed....Seriously - in what other area of work would people be expected to work for three months without money?!!!

Anyhoo....In with the paperwork was an 'offer of employment' letter....Which I signed and returned...Is that the same as a contract as there's no info as to how much notice I need to give, nor a job description - just says the pay scale I'm on and the hours of work....

I'd LOVE to tell them to poke their job - as regardless of the pay fiasco, I'm not enjoying the actual job - tis not what it said on the tin, let's say!! How much notice am I expected to give and what happens if I don't give any notice????

'Scuse the waffle - any advice, please??? x
Kasey77
Just Registered
Just Registered

I want to leave!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Comments/Suggestions/Help