Advice wanted

As a community you get a say in our content and the way the forum is run. Post your comments and suggestions here. - Having problems? Post your queries here.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Advice wanted

Postby gf1610 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi, I am a pgce student and I am constantly been told not to go into teaching. Every school I go into or people I speak to I'm asked if I'm sure I want to go into teaching. I follow primary teacher pages on social media and see so much negativity. I've just finished my first placement and I did enjoy it. It is consuming but I'm fine with the long days. Not so much teaching taking up my whole weekend too but I believed it would get easier and eat up less time. I did really well in my last placement, enjoyed teaching and built up good relationships with children and staff but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to be positive about a career everyone seems to bash. I feel like I'm already forgetting why I wanted to be a teacher and instead thinking about lesson plans and how to show my children have made progress. And I'm only a student! Is it really so bad?
gf1610
Just Registered
Just Registered

Advice wanted

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Comments/Suggestions/Help