Fundraising Ideas

A Forum for members of a Parent Teachers Association.
Share your thoughts, advice and ideas with other PTA members.

Fundraising Ideas

Postby TeachersTalk on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:20 pm

You can read some fund raising ideas in our FAQ section here: PTA Fundraising Ideas

Please feel free to reply to this post with any other fund raising ideas you might have.
TeachersTalk
Administrator
Administrator

Fundraising Ideas

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fundraising Ideas

Postby JulieC on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi

Here's another idea we are going to try. School Holiday Club has a website and call centre that searches for the best holiday deals, and they will donate to the school up to 5% of the total holiday cost for anyone that books. Their site is http://www.schoolholidayclub.co.uk

We are publicising this scheme in our December newsletter, as lots of people start to think about their next holiday over Christmas. Sounds like a good plan and could end up raising quite a bit of cash. I will keep you posted.
JulieC
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Fundraising Ideas - huge online shopping success!

Postby AnnabelH on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:35 am

Hi
My school has been experimenting with online shopping to raise funds. We did some digging and found lots of companies that claim to help you but the results seem really poor. Lots of stories of schools raising £20 after six months that sort of thing. Anywway we put together something a bit different and we've raised £250 in six weeks. To be honest we're feeling a bit smug :D

If anyone wants details of what we did just ping me a mail at hanage1@btinternet.com This is not a commercial post - I'm a parent and it was done with the PTA, I'm happy to share details of the school/results I just don't want to post them publically.

Cheers

A
AnnabelH
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby davidc on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Any school can raise useful amounts of money by arranging a collection of clothes for recycling by the voluntary sector organisation Ethical Reuse. They will pay you a no-strings fee for the clothes and will do a lot of the organising for you. Just send an email to admin@ethicalreuse.co.uk or phone 07724 138888. You can also visit http://www.ethicalreuse.co.uk to start the process. They will ensure that unwanted textiles are diverted from landfill and are sent to people around the world for their benefit.
davidc
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby zoenadia on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi,
I have set up an idea to help raise funds for schools and connect schools with international learning centres (if they have an agenda to do so). I really want to seek feedback on whether PTA members feel the idea would work. Please contact me if youre interested in discussing the concept zoe@spellboundpublishing.co.uk or visit our web. www.spellboundpublishing.co.uk. The basic premise is to create professionally published books of primary school student's work as a memento to sell to their families and friends. With this idea each child can raise quite good funds for their school and create something memorable and fun.

I appreciate any feedback you have and get a pilot group together to trial the programme.

Zoe
zoenadia
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby lww on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi
We sell educational placemats for kids and we have reseller and school fundraising programs which can be used to help raise funds - not only do you raise funds, you raise the educational levels too :-)

Schools can sell the mats themselves for a healthy markup (or just use them in class, they are hard-wearing and wipe-clean) - this can be done either by holding a stall at a fair, or simply by distributing a leaflet to parents to take and collate orders/payments. Then send off the order form and payments and receive the healthy commission. Alternatively if you really want something for an event like a fair but paying upfront is an issue these days then we can possibly put you in touch with a reseller in your area and get them to hold a stall for you... in this case you would obviously need to reach an agreement over the commission!

Further info available here:

http://www.littlewigwam.com/schools.php

-Little Wigwam.
lww
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby sandrakepton on Mon May 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi all,

We recently had a fundraising event which everyone went home happy... It was slightly different to our usual quaterly jumble sale.

A close friend of mine informed me about this particular money spinner(she had recently done the same at home and gave me the idea).
We invited everyone to bring unwanted gold/silver whether it be a gift from an ex hubby to simply something that is no longer worn etc The company gives a handsome price for the unwanted items AND as we organised it all WE received 10% of the total of gold/silver that was brought( that total was just over 5100 pounds which we received a cheque for 510 pounds, plus if anyone chooses to arrange a personal party themselves we as the P.T.A. will receive 5% of that party total for being a referral).
As you can imagine everyone surely went home elated, more importantly we collected a cheque for a sum we would never have anticipated.

I would recommend this highly, its a win/win situation.

For details email: darren@ounces2pounds.com

Please state my name as we will receive more cheques in the post
sandrakepton
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Sammyo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am

For PTA fundraising ideas try fundraising fashion shows from Jas Fashions who cover the south of England. Good fun for pupils, teachers and parents.
Sammyo
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby jayarr on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Thank for the links some fund raising ideas.
jayarr

Re: Fundraising Ideas - The Healthier Side

Postby danneva on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 am

Schools that are very concerned about healthy eating habits might want to avoid cookie and candy bar sales – especially during the school day and on school property. As childhood obesity levels rise, schools are looking for healthy fundraisers as an alternative solution for raising much needed funds. For food-based sales, why not offer items such as fresh citrus fruit, nuts, spices, granola bars, or bottled water? Each of these items will generate the same kind of revenue and profit as their unhealthier alternatives.
danneva
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby roseburypta on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 am

I have set up a website which called http://www.classpencils.co.uk

We sell colouring pencils, priced at £69 for 100 packs of 12 with your choice of wording, come personalised with the name of your school in superb gold foil print. The pencils make great educational gifts; whether you want to help raise funds for your school, sell these at fetes or use them as raffle prizes at other fundraising events.

If you contact me through the website I would be happy to include some extra bits for your PTA's, prehaps a voucher for your summer raffle etc.

Mike
roseburypta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby teachertally on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

We've always used a company called Art Projects for Schools to do our school Christmas cards.

The children just produce artworks and then APFS turn the designs into Christmas cards. Each card sold makes a profit that we keep as fundraising, I think we raised around £220 last time.
teachertally
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby derekalfred on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 am

We've successfully raised £300 for our school with fun family photo shoots, we used www.indigoportraits.co.uk, all the parents thought the end photographs were great.

We also had a great cheese and wine from local wine and cheese producers.

I'm thinking about organising a Dad's pub night too.....
derekalfred
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby crissa on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 am

Selling lollipops for your cause is a very versatile idea as they can be used for practically any fundraising event mainly because everyone is likely to love a lollipop. This way, you can target your fundraising sales to young children, teens and adults as well. Fundraising lollipops can be found in a wide range of shapes and flavors and some of the most popular ones include green apple, cherry cola, chocolate, tangerine and strawberry kiwi. Also, such lollipops are already available in a wide range of shapes including heart, star, bunny, treble clef or bear shapes. For instance, if you are planning a fundraising event for Valentine’s Day, you should go for lip or heart-shaped lollipops in both sour and sweet flavors.
crissa
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Mark Mahoney on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:48 am

Pick the Score Barclays premier league Weekly sweeps is free to use and there is no upfront cost.
Fundraise while you sleeep! Email me at mark@pickthescore.com if you have any queries.
Click on this link to find out more: http://www.rugby.pickthescore.com/Page. ... oFundraise
Mark Mahoney
Just Registered
Just Registered

Next

Return to PTA Chat