Acquired Brain Injury- Research

A new place for Teaching Assistants to share their views and experiences.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby aimeehy on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello,

I am currently a Postgraduate student at the University of Bristol, studying Psychology of Education. I have chosen to focus my final dissertation project on the experience of teaching assistants in mainstream schools, supporting young people who have had an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI).

Every case of a child with an ABI is unique and the experience of each teaching assistant will also be unique and varied. Reintegration into school is a pivotal stage in the rehabilitation process for a child after an ABI and therefore teaching assistants play a key role in ensuring this is successful.

The aim of this project is to find out about the experience of individual teaching assistants, through interviews, of how they assisted this process of returning to school. It is often the teaching assistant that will working the most closely with the child and it is hoped that this project will provide positive and helpful information to teaching assistants in a similar role in the future

The study would involve a short interview, lasting no longer than 30 minutes. This will take place at a location convenient to you, or can be done by Skype. When I have completed the study, you will be provided with feedback and a summary of the findings. It is hoped that you will find the project interesting, and it will allow you the opportunity to talk about your personal experience of supporting a child with an ABI.

If you are interested in taking part, or would like to hear more about the study, please contact me:

Email: ah12097@my.bristol.ac.uk
Contact number: 07885449247

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Yours sincerely,

Aimee Hynard
aimeehy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Teaching Assistants Chat