Behaviour Nightmare

Come here for general chat, have a cup of coffee, relax, or get something off your chest.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Behaviour Nightmare

Postby buttercupofdoom on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Please help before I go crazy! I have a boy heavy Year 6 class which is driving me insane. Out of the 17 boys in the class, 12 are terminally silly. They call out constantly, comment on everything, turn around all the time and make stupid noise. Don't even get me started on their complete lack of listening ability or maturity! I know Covid interrupted their learning but the afternoons are just awful.

I've been teaching nearly 10 years and never known a class like it! I have tried: 3 strikes and you lose social time; marking minutes up on the board to be taken off the class; heaping positive praise on those few that do listen and actually get work done; phone calls home; private chats to make sure there is no hidden reason for the behaviour; releasing the "good" children for break/lunch/home first and putting select children in other classes for time outs. I have probably tried loads of other stuff that I've just forgotten.

They are so crap most of the time that I just don't know what to do. I have so many silly ones that it doesn't matter where I move them because they end up next to another silly one! I have only 6 girls so can't intersperse them to split the boys up. Have tried (and failed) to get suggestions and support from school. Any ideas gratefully considered. I feel defeated. :(
Last bumped by buttercupofdoom on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:51 pm.
buttercupofdoom
Just Registered
Just Registered

Behaviour Nightmare

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Staff Room