Physical Education - UK scenario

Come here to say hello and introduce yourself to the community.

Moderator: TeachersTalk

Postby frederico on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 pm

HI,
I am a Portuguese PE teacher with QTS (gained last August).
At this moment I am still in Lisbon and I am collecting a relevant number of data about my subject in order to evaluate the UK market / scenario in a proper way. As a consequence of the previous idea, i already read the "Annual digest os statistics 2010-11" (availabe on GTC website), which already gave me a very interesting overall image about the market in UK.
However, I need to get more information related to my subject (Physical Education). In fact, I need to get an answer to a relevant number of questions that I still have. I wonder if someone could give the contact (telephone number or email) of some organization (or person / professional / teacher) that could give an answer (or some usefull advices) to the following questions (or at least to some of them):

1. How many registed PE teachers does the UK Market have? How has the number evolved in the past years?
2. How many PE registered teachers are "in service"?
2.1. How many are working in "supply teaching"?
3. %of male and female PE teachers?
4. Should I bet in primary or seconday PE teaching? In which of them will I have more chances?
5. Which areas of UK have a lack, or have less, PE teachers?
5.1 Which area of UK should I choose in order to have more chances of getting teaching opportunities (certainly as a supply teacher in the first stage)?
6. How should I search for supply teaching? Do I have to be registered in councils?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Fred.
frederico
Just Registered
Just Registered

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Introductions